New era of Retirement (and Investment) Solutions
We are just launching our new era of technology solution to support what we see as a new era of retirement and investment solutions…..
What’s new ?
Well, a few things are happening around the world:
1) that it is increasingly being recognized that many consumers are asking more questions about the fees that they are paying for advice and investment services, and assessing value for money. In fact not only is it consumers, but regulators are onto this also and there have been some high profile cases recently where providers are being caught out. Ultimately it is being recognized that across the investment industry, it is moving to you have to be doing something ongoing to get paid on going.
2) Services are getting personal. In reality if a service isn’t personal, it looks rather like a product, which is a problem given the above. And personal means that it means something to the person, which is most likely to be different for each investor depending on their circumstances
3) this is encouraging those who recruit clients to introduce an ongoing service into their proposition, which in many cases is about portfolio management as opposed to product selection
4) regulators globally are reconsidering the terms of retirement solutions in terms of the mandating of annuities, timing of releasing retirement pots etc, introducing more options for consumers and their advisers
5) whilst people who are accumulating assets may be regularly seeking to increase their investment or retirement pot, increasing numbers of people are relying on drawdown of capital to fund retirement or lifestyle needs in a low interest environment
6) this is encouraging a new era of investment / retirement solution that combines active portfolio management, personalized to each individual, to their level of investment sophistication, with the cash flow realities of monies being placed into and withdrawn from the investment and retirement pot
Now combine this all together, recognise that everyone’s timing and cycles of cash flow adjustments is likely to be different, the assets may be held in multiple platforms for different investment types, multiply by thousands of members / investors, and overlay the increasing demand from regulators to ensure that this all operates squeaky clean….
If you are recognising this problem, and looking for a solution, I’d be happy to talk.